- Laura Prepon (of That 70s Show and October Road) has signed on for five episodes (likely starting with 4.17). Information about her appearance can be found here. [Thanks to Kayla for the news!]
- Mike from Midwesterner’s Guide to Living in New York City interviewed Josh Radnor – you can read it here.
- There’s now a red-band trailer for I Love You, Man. The official, HQ version is here, but the age-verification system isn’t perfect (I couldn’t get to the trailer) so you might need to check it out on YouTube instead:
- Post-SNL wrap-up: Entertainment Weekly has posted a previously unpublished interview with NPH, Hulu uploaded the digital short and Whopper Virgins sketch, Anthony Rapp reacts, SNL saw its best ratings since the election (and better ratings than anything last season), and here’s another pre-show interview, this time with Access Hollywood:
- The only HIMYM “news” to come out of the CBS press tour is that Sarah Chalke probably isn’t coming back.
- Two new Dr. Horrible shirts, but NPH says there currently aren’t any plans for a sequel.
- Bob Saget, aka Future Ted, is suing David Bernstein over his movie Farce of the Penguins, which also featured Alyson Hannigan.
Entries Tagged 'i love you man' ↓
A second roundup will follow later tonight or possibly in the morning, with Jason Segel at the Critics’ Choice Awards, Neil’s pre-SNL press, and a bunch of other stuff.
- Spoilers first: Watch With Kristin has a bunch of clips from Benefits.
- Apparently Jason Segel is the Barney of the bunch? There have been a bunch of reports about him and Drew Barrymore (and video of them doing karaoke), and this week he’s been linked to Rashida Jones and Evan Rachel Wood.
- The official site for I Love You, Man is up.
- Paparazzi time! Neil at the airport, Alyson out for dinner, Alyson leaving a cafe (the first link has a video), and Jason at a Lakers game with Jack Black.
- That American Pie 4 rumor has surfaced again.
- This week’s OK Magazine contains an item on Josh Radnor and Lindsay Price, whom he’s reportedly been dating for a few months. (This isn’t the first time they’ve been linked – Us Weekly mentioned it back in November, around the time this was in People.) Lindsay Price is on Lipstick Jungle, but you might remember her better from the Season Three episode Spoiler Alert:
- Starpulse will be interviewing Josh sometime soon – if you have any questions to suggest, post them here. The interview has already taken place – it’ll be posted next week.
- There are some new photos from Cobie’s upcoming movie The Slammin’ Salmon here.
- The Art Directors Guild announced the nominations for their 2008 awards (which will take place in February) – HIMYM’s production designed Steve Olson was nominated for the episode Miracles. (Olson has won five Guild awards, none of which were for HIMYM, though his work on the show has been nominated every season. He also has three Emmys – one per season – for his work on HIMYM.)
November 22nd, 2008 — 4.09, alyson hannigan, bob saget, carter bays, cobie smulders, craig thomas, guest stars, i love you man, interviews, jason segel, neil patrick harris, photos, promos, segel hairwatch, spoilers, stalkerazzi, video
- Trailer for 4.09:
- Cobie Smulders on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson:
- Alyson Hannigan walks, carries drinks. There are also HQ versions of the rest of the Lint Roller Party photos available here.
- Jason Segel’s upcoming movie, I Love You, Man has had its release moved from January 16 to March 20.
- The 2008 World Magic Awards, which Neil Patrick Harris hosted a while back, will air this Wednesday on MyNetworkTV. The LA Stage Blog posted a photo of Neil at the recent Ovation Awards.
- Bob Saget’s new sitcom may never see the light of day now that Media Rights Capital has lost control over the CW’s Sunday night lineup.
- Photos of one of Those People on set, including one shot with Jason Segel and his attractive new haircut.
- Variety’s 2008 Comedy Impact Report includes a profile on Jason Segel and one on Carter Bays and Craig Thomas.
- Fun with numbers: Based on data from tvbythenumbers.com, last week HIMYM was the third most-watched half-hour comedy on network TV (behind Two and a Half Men and Worst Week). It had the second-best 18-49 numbers (behind Men, and tied with The Office) and the second-best 18-34 numbers (behind The Office, tied with 30 Rock).
Entertainment Tonight visited the set of I Love You, Man and talked to Jason and Paul Rudd. You can see the video here.
Also, Jason’s April 25 appearance on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson will be re-aired tonight, for those of you who missed it the first time around.
Buzz Foto spotted Jason Segel filming a scene for the upcoming I Love You, Man. As you can see, the hair has only gotten more ridiculous.
Jason will be on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on Monday night.
Jason’s movie I Love You, Man is filming at The Grove in Los Angeles today – Pacific Coast News Online has photos.
Keeping the rest of this short and sweet:
“Oh my God, I’m kissing this woman that I’ve fantasized about.” I was so caught up in the mental disbelief of it that I forgot to make the puppet die. So I’m kissing her and the puppet is [watching]. It was at that point that I realized, “[I’m] a weird dude.”
“We found that there’s a unique recipe in writing the male characters as though they were the typical female character and doing the same for the women—writing them as though they’re the typical male character.”
And finally, PARADE interviews Jason.
First off, LOVED last night’s episode – it was great to get back to the gang as a whole, and to have a near-perfect episode topped off with Barney blogging Doogie Howser, MD style was genius.
Now, onto the updates:
Barney’s Blog has been updated with Barney’s guide to scrapbooking:
Here’s where I really like to get creative. On page 83 of my own scrapbook, I detail a roll in the hay with a strapping young milkmaid. We quite literally rolled in hay. Hence, I constructed a border out of strands of hay I later found attached to my underpants.
TedMosbyIsAJerk.com is, as you probably know by now, a real website, complete with illustrations, a scan of the letter “Ted” left her, and a twenty-minute song.
Jaime Pressly has just been cast in I Love You, Man – she joins Paul Rudd, Rashida Jones, and HIMYM’s Jason Segel.
The poster for Doctor Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog, the Joss Whedon web musical that NPH is starring in, has been released:
Also, in case you missed this commercial last night:
Neil Patrick Harris: What’s Right With America.
Interview:: ComingSoon.net has what is allegedly an exclusive interview with Jason Segel, although I’ve definitely seen that Kermit quote before. Either way, the interview focuses on Segel’s upcoming projects: I Love You, Man, Five Year Engagement, and, of course, the Muppet movie.
Weird but [Probably Not] True:: From contactmusic.com: Jason Segel Humiliated By Dominatrix. I really have nothing to add to that.
Video:: MovieWeb has this Forgetting Sarah Marshall interview with Jason Segel:
Link:: whatwouldnphdo.com is a part of the online ad campaign for Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay. And the accompanying video, whether official or not, is hilarious:
[Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay opens April 25.]