Entries Tagged 'industry business' ↓
January 9th, 2009 — alyson hannigan, cobie smulders, industry business, jason segel, josh radnor, neil patrick harris
From The Hollywood Reporter:
After months of renegotiations, Josh Radnor, Jason Segel, Cobie Smulders, Neil Patrick Harris and Alyson Hannigan recently inked new deals with producing studio 20th Century Fox TV that will bring their salaries up to $90,000-$120,000 per episode.
On average, that’s between two and three times what they made before — a big raise, especially given that Radnor, Segel and Smulders were virtually unknown before they were cast. Still, it’s lower than the pay for the ensembles of other comedies at similar points in their runs, like NBC’s “The Office.”
The new pacts, retroactive to the beginning of this season, the show’s fourth, also add an extra year to the five actors’ original seven-year contracts.
There’s more in the original article to put the whole thing in context. [Charlie Sheen, for the record, makes something like $800K per episode on Two and a Half Men.]
Thanks to Tina for sending this in!
November 1st, 2008 — alyson hannigan, dr horrible, industry business, jason segel, neil patrick harris, photos, stalkerazzi, video
[What can I say? The show took a week off and so did I. A lot of you are waiting on emails right now - you'll get a response this weekend!]
October 17th, 2008 — 4.05, 4.08, alyson hannigan, behind the scenes, cast on the air, cobie smulders, craig thomas, greg malins, guest stars, himym merch, industry business, jason segel, josh radnor, neil patrick harris, other projects, pamela fryman, photos, spoilers, stalkerazzi
You guys, I will be so glad when Monday’s episode airs and I can stop treating every scrap of information about the episode like it’s a major spoiler. But since it hasn’t aired yet: Two batches of links! The first batch contains no Shelter Island spoilers.
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler has signed on to play Jillian in 4.08. Spoiler level: Nothing new for those of you who read yesterday’s post, nothing major for those of you who didn’t. He just does the whole “Sigler will play Jillian, who is…” thing, and it’s a) not entirely correct, so far as I know, and b) not very spoilery at all.
- Greg Malins is making a pilot for ABC.
- Jason Segel will be on Live with Regis and Kelly on October 27. [Thanks to Shermie for the tip.]
- Sarah Chalke will be on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on October 22.
- A self-employed prestidigitator [look it up] named Neil Harris contributed to No on 8. [Proposition 8 would undo California's legalization of gay marriage.]
- Auction! A TiVo HD, signed by Neil Patrick Harris [and some other celebrities from Stand Up To Cancer, which is what the auction is for]. It comes with a year’s subscription to TiVo.
- Alyson Hannigan and Alexis Denisof get stalked by paparazzi in Santa Monica.
- TV Week interviewed the co-chairs of Twentieth Century Fox [the studio that produces HIMYM] – mostly industry stuff, with a few mentions of the show and how the studio feels about it.
And everything in the second batch contains some degree of spoiler for the episode:
September 24th, 2008 — industry business
Starting in fall 2010, you’ll be able to see HIMYM reruns on Lifetime – they outbid FX, TBS, ABC Family, and Comedy Central, ultimately offering what Variety is calling “the second biggest license fee ever ponied up by a cable network for a sitcom in the first cycle.”
[Variety, The Hollywood Reporter]
September 23rd, 2008 — alyson hannigan, behind the scenes, cobie smulders, five year engagement, forgetting sarah marshall, himym merch, industry business, interviews, jason segel, josh radnor, muppet movie, neil patrick harris, video
Going rapid-fire with this, because six posts in a day is ridiculous enough as it is:
September 17th, 2008 — alyson hannigan, cast events, cast on the air, industry business, interviews, neil patrick harris, other projects