- Laura Prepon (of That 70s Show and October Road) has signed on for five episodes (likely starting with 4.17). Information about her appearance can be found here. [Thanks to Kayla for the news!]
- Mike from Midwesterner’s Guide to Living in New York City interviewed Josh Radnor – you can read it here.
- There’s now a red-band trailer for I Love You, Man. The official, HQ version is here, but the age-verification system isn’t perfect (I couldn’t get to the trailer) so you might need to check it out on YouTube instead:
- Post-SNL wrap-up: Entertainment Weekly has posted a previously unpublished interview with NPH, Hulu uploaded the digital short and Whopper Virgins sketch, Anthony Rapp reacts, SNL saw its best ratings since the election (and better ratings than anything last season), and here’s another pre-show interview, this time with Access Hollywood:
- The only HIMYM “news” to come out of the CBS press tour is that Sarah Chalke probably isn’t coming back.
- Two new Dr. Horrible shirts, but NPH says there currently aren’t any plans for a sequel.
- Bob Saget, aka Future Ted, is suing David Bernstein over his movie Farce of the Penguins, which also featured Alyson Hannigan.
Entries Tagged 'bob saget' ↓
November 22nd, 2008 — 4.09, alyson hannigan, bob saget, carter bays, cobie smulders, craig thomas, guest stars, i love you man, interviews, jason segel, neil patrick harris, photos, promos, segel hairwatch, spoilers, stalkerazzi, video
- Trailer for 4.09:
- Cobie Smulders on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson:
- Alyson Hannigan walks, carries drinks. There are also HQ versions of the rest of the Lint Roller Party photos available here.
- Jason Segel’s upcoming movie, I Love You, Man has had its release moved from January 16 to March 20.
- The 2008 World Magic Awards, which Neil Patrick Harris hosted a while back, will air this Wednesday on MyNetworkTV. The LA Stage Blog posted a photo of Neil at the recent Ovation Awards.
- Bob Saget’s new sitcom may never see the light of day now that Media Rights Capital has lost control over the CW’s Sunday night lineup.
- Photos of one of Those People on set, including one shot with Jason Segel and his attractive new haircut.
- Variety’s 2008 Comedy Impact Report includes a profile on Jason Segel and one on Carter Bays and Craig Thomas.
- Fun with numbers: Based on data from tvbythenumbers.com, last week HIMYM was the third most-watched half-hour comedy on network TV (behind Two and a Half Men and Worst Week). It had the second-best 18-49 numbers (behind Men, and tied with The Office) and the second-best 18-34 numbers (behind The Office, tied with 30 Rock).
1. Neil and Sarah Chalke will host the Creative Arts Emmys. The ceremony is on September 13, but it’ll air on E! on the 20th.
2. Neil will be appearing on the September 5 Stand Up To Cancer telethon [airing simultaneously on CBS, NBC, and ABC], possibly as one of the stars answering calls from viewers.
3. Neil will appear on Letterman this Wednesday, August 27.
4. Jason Segel was quoted in an article about bromances.
5. Neil won Best Actor in a Comedic Television Performance at the Golden Icon Awards.
6. Jason Segel and his wild mane are in the September issue of Marie Claire.
8. Gloria Calderon Kellet won the ALMA for Outstanding Writing for a Television Series, for the episode “How I Met Everyone Else.”
9. CBS released the official description of 401, for those of you who don’t want to read anything more spoilery than the one-line network description.
10. The TV Addict talked to Carter Bays about the Emmys, standalone episodes, and whether he has concerns about Jason Segel. [He doesn't.]
I take great comfort in the fact that all of my favorite shows in the past never got nominated and I’ll continue to do so until we do get nominated. At which point I’ll disavow any statement like that and say that the Emmy Voters always get it right
11. Neil and Josh were at the Hot in Hollywood benefit [NPH arriving, I haven't seen any Josh photos] and performed a raunchy version of “Puff, the Magic Dragon” ["Ruby, the Magic Unicorn"], guided by suggestions from the audience.
Last minute, I know – NPH will be on The View today. 10 AM, ABC.
A transcript of the Washington Post chat can be found here. [Some Dr. Horrible spoilers.] My favorite part:
Damn: I’m straight and I think I’d go out with you. Probably upset the wife and kids, though. So what do you think happened to Doogie? Did he grow up, buy a Porsche and start a family practice in the suburbs?
Neil Patrick Harris: He probably developed an addiction to painkillers and wanders around with a cane at some hospital somewhere…
There’s also a small piece of Emmy talk from him here.
As for the Future!Mosbys – Bob Saget has been cast in a new CW sitcom, and apparently Ted’s son and Robin’s sister are dating.