The Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (best known to you as the people behind the Emmys) hosted An Evening with How I Met Your Mother last Tuesday, featuring a panel discussion with the cast and producers. The big news of the night: Cobie Smulders showed up wearing an engagement ring and confirmed that she is marrying Taran Killam.
Steve Olson (production designer, with three Emmy wins for HIMYM), Pamela Fryman (executive producer and director of most episodes), Suzy Mamann Greenberg (co-executive producer), Josh Radnor, Carter Bays, Craig Thomas, Neil Patrick Harris, Alyson Hannigan, Cobie Smulders, Academy CEO John Shaffner, and Jason Segel.
Links, videos, and photos after the jump.
Event overviews – spoilers in all links:
- The Hollywood Reporter
- CBS2 – Los Angeles
- Watch With Kristin
- TV Week – 1 2
- Michael Schneider [TV Editor for Variety and the panel's moderator]
- Danielle Turchiano
- Entertainment Tonight [spoiler-free]
- YouTube [spoiler-free with the exception of a few specifics about pregnancy-hiding]
- TV Guide [spoiler-free]
- Josh Radnor and Neil Patrick Harris talk to IGN.
- Alyson Hannigan on the woman who had octuplets. [spoiler-free]
- Alyson on her pregnancy. [spoiler-free]
- Cobie, Josh, and Alyson on the dual pregnancies. [spoiler-free]
- Josh and Neil answer questions about that woman who played Abby. [spoiler-free]
- Neil on the possibility of Harold and Kumar 3. [spoiler-free]
- Neil on breakups. [spoiler-free]
- Neil on Cobie’s engagement. [spoiler-free]